Saturday, May 31, 2008

park your trailor next to mine


chelsea headband
Originally uploaded by I Will Fly design
"slap your knees and drink your wine,
park your trailor next to mine.
They say we know how to have a good time
(and they say right!)
they may whistle when you bend over,
but I'm the only one coming over
so boys, keep your nickels and your dimes"
-"Chelsea" Agent Ribbons

I'm having a lot of fun making headbands from dupioni and ribbons and bits and bobs. They are quick, easy little projects that have a lot of room for embellishment, which is the fun part.
I've also been experimenting with making my own fringe by carefully removing the warp threads from fabric. It takes about forever, but the result is pretty neat. Check out the result on this headband, and on the chemise top that will be posted later in the week.
Chiao.

No comments: