Monday, April 9, 2012

Side Projects

I'm not sure why, but lately I have been craving gentle and soothing projects (no, I tell a lie. I *do* know why. Because life has been CRAZY.) so I have been spending a little time finishing up old projects and working on small projects for the destash shop. Small, self-contained projects, like dolls, knitting, and hand embroidery, are a nice little break from regular garment-sewing. You don't have to work with large quantities of any of the materials involved, and they can be fit in around the other things happening in life.
I am no great embroidery expert, but here are two embroidered panels I recently listed in my destash shop. They are framed in janky old picture frames that we bought at an antiques fair a couple of years ago and repainted.



This is as close as you can get to a family sewing motto. It is
based on the sign my great grandmother kept
above her own sewing area.


This one is my favorite constellation (what, doesn't everyone have
a favorite constellation?), Orion, of course. Complete with
his "knee" (or dong, depending on your viewpoint) nebula.
See, I always thought he looked like he was doing
a little crazy dance with one knee all bent and both arms out,
right?
...
Right?

No comments: