Friday, February 15, 2008

Nautical reasoning


cuffs-in-progress
Originally uploaded by I Will Fly design
My Spring "line" is leaning heavily towards nautical. Also, pink and purple and other colorful additions, as well as some florals. I'm sorry to say it, because I know that black and brown have been my big sellers, but I am in need of some color in my life.
The navy-inspired blouse I was talking about yesterday is now finished (save for the front closures, I need to buy some snaps today) and I just started this new also nautically-inclined project this morning.
I am not sure why, exactly, but ships just seem to fit the season for me.
I was at a Macy's the other day with my mother (it is pretty gosh darn rare that I go into a department store these days) and was noticing a lot of the black with white piping look (hey, there is something currently fashionable in my store, and I didn't even do it on purpose!) and a lot of the navy or black and white striped look. So, I guess nautical is "in".
Honestly, the sail boat fabric for the blouse was purchased months ago because I thought it was precious, and the navy cuffs in progress were inspired by someone's Horatio Nelson icon in a Master and Commander forum. Sorry, guys, I'm afraid the awful truth is out, I couldn't be hip to save my soul.

1 comment:

Tizzalicious said...

Great choice, nautical stuff is great!