Thursday, February 14, 2008

Velcome my leetle ones!

Looky here! A new and fancy blog to update you about the comings and goings and ins and outs of what we (by we I mean the royal "we") here at I Will Fly are working on.

Right now I am in the middle of a project that should prove an interesting experiment. I am making a shirt, the newest design in my line for Spring, but I am making it as a prototype. When it is completed I will take pictures of it, and post it to the shop as usual, but as a custom order. So, it will be made to whatever size the customer requests, but in my design. It's a pretty scary idea, as any number of things can go disastrously wrong in the custom process, but all in all I am very excited about it. It means I don't have to try to market a garment in a size that only I can wear (because again, as a one woman show here, I am my own model most of the time).
If this seems like a good plan, I will be doing a bunch of other stuff on this sort of basis, including skirts, bras, shirts, etc. It also serves to make me a new wardrobe (of originals, which are a good advertisement in and of themselves) and to cut my stock and inventory, which cuts my costs a bit and frees up room for new projects.

Soon I will be implementing a SALE section in my shop, too. Because I have a lot of stuff from the fashion show that I haven't been able to unload and I want them OUT of my LIFE. So they will be sold at cost, basically, which hurts in some ways, but I just need to get them gone so a new year can begin.

Anyhow, here I am, and here is the spot for information and updates about what is new and hot in today's fashion world (or, that is to say, in MY fashion world, which is entirely something different) so check back and I will ROCK YOUR WORLD!*

* Your world rocking mileage may vary.

No comments: