Saturday, July 12, 2008

Must have done something good...


Maria chemise dress
Originally uploaded by I Will Fly design
After the popularity of my last chemise dress, I decided to give it another go when I found this stunning valence lace at the fabric store.
I was originally going to name it Lilias, but inspiration came when the costume designer at the theater I work in was asked one day what the wedding gown he'd designed for "Sound of Music" this season looked like. He quoted from the play, saying "like holding a moonbeam in your hand" and it stuck with me as a lovely descriptor for a sequined wedding dress.
So here it is, now named Maria.
I'm happy to see that the backyard, which is where my pictures are generally taken these days, but which is mostly the territory of our downstairs neighbors, is looking quite picturesque these days, as you can see in the photo. I just wish they would stop leaving their cigarette butts and beer bottles all over the place :(

No comments: