Thursday, April 10, 2008

What the designer is wearing this year


marion
Originally uploaded by I Will Fly design
The weather report predicts highs near 90 this weekend. I'm not ready for the heat, yet! Blergh!
But it's a good reason to trot out the new summer clothes I made for myself this year. This blouse, I am terribly sorry to admit, was inspired by Lady Marion's wardrobe on the 1980's Robin Of Sherwood BBC series.
It's also put together, as I like to call it "Mom style". Meaning I pretty much just started chopping and sewing and dealt with design issues as they were presented to me... and whatever happened happened.
I <3 my mom!
This shirt was entirely draped in the fashion fabric, using no pattern. The low waist cinches up with a drawstring, the neckline darts around the slightly cowl-shaped neckline are held in place by wooden buttons. The shoulders are my favorite part, I think, they wrap over the shoulder from the back and create a diagonal seam in front.

No comments: