Monday, April 14, 2008

what did you learn today, honey?


Lily chemise top
Originally uploaded by I Will Fly design
Today I learned that it is nearly impossible to take a picture of your own back side.
You see, I am in the process of experimenting with making panties for the shop. Which is quite a bit of fun. I made myself a pair out of an old geisha shirt. But I am afraid you'll just have to take my word for it, because trying to take a photo was killer.
Today's listing is the Lily chemise top. I really love the teal satin, which I bought knowing I wanted to paint something in black at the hem but not knowing what. While were were out at the cemetery, though, I found a cool old grave marker with a fleur de lis on it, and my last name (it's somehow used as a family crest sort of thing... see, I don't know anything about my married name!) so I took it as inspiration and had my hubby draw me up this beautiful design that I then transfered to the shirt with textile paint.

No comments: