Monday, February 25, 2008

the mutha' of invention

So this Saturday I learned that if you are trying to dye rayon fabric black with Rit you will get dark brown fabric, instead. And I had already bought the lace and bias for a black camisole. D'oh!
But then the light dawns.
I was grumpy about it, and laying out some black satin ribbons on my ironing board over top of the brown rayon when I realized "hey, THAT looks kind of cool". I opened up the fabric, draped the ribbons over it creatively, tried the bias and a black lace edging with it, and wow, that IS cool! So, that is what I'm working on now :)
I ordered some tiny watch gears, too, which should accent it in a really very neat way. It isn't what I thought it would be, but I like it even better. Sometimes it just goes like that.

In shop news, I have started the terribly exciting process of relisting items that are near their expiration dates, re-cropping the pictures on some of them so they look nicer. I've gotten about a million times better at taking pictures and cropping/editing them in the last four months, that is FO SHO.
I've decided that some items, items that are unloved and unhearted and that no one seems much interested in, are just going to be allowed to expire and come join me in my own personal wardrobe. I just wish that more of them fit me!

No comments: