Friday, August 29, 2008

do not play fast and loose with my heart

In two weeks my husband and I will celebrate our second wedding anniversary! This painting of a bunny rabbit wedding (or at least, I picture it as a wedding) is so achingly adorable it makes me want to get married all over again just so I can use it on my wedding invitations!
It's just one of Nakisha from bluedogrose's incredible bunny paintings. I bought an ACEO of a bunny in space from her, and it is one of the most adorable things I own. She also included some really precious postcards, which I am using to send my niece and nephew birthday greetings.
You really should check out her shop.

In other news, I think I have decided to name my sewing machine Reno Dakota. In March we went to see one of our favorite bands, the Magnetic Fields, play in San Francisco. The husband bought me a little pin-back button to pin on my purse (I have an ever-growing collection of band buttons on my purse) but for some reason I managed to break it off not once but twice. After the second heart-breaking loss and miraculous find, I decided that it was not meant to be on my purse after all. So I glued it to a magnet and stuck it to the side of my machine (do not try this at home if you own a computerized machine!) so now it proclaims it's pride in the Magnetic Fields in hot pink whenever I sit at it. Sooo... long story short, I named the machine in honor of their song "Reno Dakota". And that's all she wrote!

No comments: