Sunday, September 21, 2008

everything's coming up roses...

Well, we survived another fabulous vacation at the coast! It rained the WHOLE TIME, but it was great to be out of town for a while (I don't know how much longer than that I can go without the internet, though!). I collected seaglass on the beach, we went tidepooling, found some cute frogs in a pond, geocached, shopped for used books, slept in late, read a book about physics, and roasted our dinners over an open fire (I can even build a fire with wood that's been sitting in the rain all night, I am good!)
When I got home I set to work finishing the custom shrug you see here. It's the same design as the grey tweed Ascot shrug, but in a lovely pink and gold twill with little gold heart buttons on the sleeves (perfect for the December wedding it was made for, I think! I found the buttons at my favorite fabric shop along the coast).
I also worked on a few other crafts, including sea glass pendants for myself, repotting and decorating a beloved plant, and (the one I am most proud of) creating a prototype matchbook sewing kit to go along with the pink shrug. I have big plans for these, as soon as I get a paper cutter, at least!

No comments: