Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Punk


Punk
Originally uploaded by I Will Fly design
There is absolutely no question in my mind about where my love of fashion, art, and handcrafting came from. My mother, an amazing artist in many mediums, is directly responsible for exposing me to fashion, sewing, textiles, and many other forms of artistic expression.
Momma draws, paints, sculpts, writes poetry, and sews. Her latest love is hand-dying. She's playing with turning some of her dye projects into wearable art, and here's the prototype that she made for me! I call it Punk or Punky, because that is what my mom called me when I was a kid (short for Pun'kin, though most people didn't realize that to say the least).
I'm going to help her sell some of her work in my destash store, check out the first listing here.

Now I'm trying to figure out how I can incorporate this collar into a Halloween costume made out of things in my closet. It has a very punk-rock Elizabethan fairy kind of vibe, could be a place to start!